CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My 1st Interim

Well, when May 8th came around, the student body was packing their cars and about to embark on a long awaited journey...home. For me, it was quite the opposite. I was packing my stuff to move to another dormitory because I planned to take an interim. For those who do not know, an interim is a class that is usually offered during a semester and is given within one week of instruction; having 5 hours a day of class time. I chose to take a class Baptist History and Distinctives. A brilliant decision on my part. The instructor that taught the class has the reputation for being quite tough. No, really tough. In fact, the hardest teacher we have at the school. And I, yes I, was going to take my first interim class.

We used a textbook, America in Crimson Red by James R. Beller. It was a really good book. We took quizzes out of the material, having 2-3 quizzes a day depending on how many chapters we read the previous night. Out of 11 quizzes, I pulled an average of a 78.4%. Needless to say, the quizzes were insanely difficult. The instructor is known for his hard quizzing. Being a little discourged within myself, it was time to study for the test. Hearing through the grapevine, his tests were even yet the harder. (Sigh)...so I did whatever an inadequate Bible college student would do, prayed! Not only that, but I asked various people to pray for me. Well, lady and/or gentleman, pray works! I got an 90% (that's an A in our book). I was in total disbelief, and yet I trusted God. Whatever the outcome, God was going to be good to me. And He is good to me.

0 comments: