CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Tuesday Running of Errands

Actually, they weren't errands at all. I just wanted to go to the mall one last time before I left for school this Thursday. I spent a lot of money today, though. I bought another Superman t-shirt for another friend of mine (because he said he wanted one. It set me back 20 bucks, just to let you know DSD), some shorts for recreation, a John Coltrane CD (classic jazz, you cats know nothing 'bout dat), a whopper jr. and a medium drink. I spent a total of about $50 or so. And no Toy, I didn't use my credit card and no "girl who likes to refer to herself as 'Me'," I didn't buy you any food. Besides, how cruddy would it have been if I burst into your classroom and chucked some chicken nuggets at you? It'd be pretty weird; fun but still weird beyond all reason.

(sigh)...I still got some packing to do and I still need to brush up on my sermon before tomorrow night. But before I go, let me tell you this story of what happened today. I was coming out of FYE (buying my Coltrane CD) when this guy came up to me.

"Hey, my man? I got this movie ticket for Superman and I want to try to get a refund but I'm not really supposed to be on the premises. I was in there but some girl spotted us so me and my friends had to leave. So could you go and get my money back for me?"

Okay...several things wrong here and all these things were going through my head. First, if you weren't supposed to be in the mall then why are you even here? How on earth did you get a ticket if you weren't supposed to get one? Second of all, I saw you walk out the exit and you had NO ONE with you. What friends? I even saw you walking around the mall several times by yourself and you're by yourself now. Thirdly, that's what you get for not using your brain. But all that came out was, "Don't you think that's a little dishonest? I wish I could help you but I just don't feel right about doing that. I'm sorry."

How's that being dishonest? I don't know but he left me alone. I really felt like helping him but something told me that he was trying to hustle me for some reason. Heh, oh well. Gotta get packin. Until next time...

3 comments:

Toy said...

That's...very..strange.

I'm not supposed to be here but I have a ticket that I must have got here (unless he stole it or something) and since my invisible friends are here I can't do anything so will you help me?

Uh-huh.

Sure.

~

Toy said...

What exactly do you pack!?

I know clothes der, but like..WHAT ELSE?

-panic!!-

I don't know what to take to college!!!!!!!

Toy said...

SPURGEN (sp) HAS A MYSPACE!?

How does that work?!