CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Cornered

(sigh)... Don't you hate it when someone corners you to making a decision you don't really want to make, but to remain true to Christian testimony you say yes anyway? That happens to me a lot. Just the other day, I was cornered by someone who does vacation Bible school for the church. He overheard me talking to my former youth pastor, now missionary, about the hours I work. I work part-time, from 5-9 in the p.m. So when I turned around, he was practically smelling me, "So...you wanna do vacation Bible school? It's from 9 a.m-12 p.m"

"Er...uh...sure! I'll be glad to!" For some reason, I knew it was going to happen. My sister wasn't planning on doing vacation Bible school either, but when I went to her I said, "Guess what. We're doing vacation Bible school."

"We? Who's we?" she said. "You and me, you silly goose," I said to her. "Says who" she exclaimed. "I do," I replied. "If I have to do it, you do too." Much to her chagrin, she agreed.


Listen, if you're thinking right now, "You're so carnal. You don't wanna serve the Lord"...don't give me that garbage. You've done the exact same thing AT LEAST once; and trust me, with that I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. I'm just speaking the truth. But I know one thing, I won't regret doing it. You see that's the kind of attitude you need to have, the the Lord is going to do something. Cornered...

0 comments: